Welcome to Kimono Yuki, one of the largest private Japanese kimonos and yukatas collection in Montréal. We travel Japan to find new and vintages kimonos that we believe deserve a second life and we bring them back to Montréal. We love to integrate kimonos to our modern lifestyle and encourage Montrealers to integrate them in their own style.
COVID-19 – Our mask
For those of you who do not own a sewing machine, do not have time to make your own mask, or are looking for colourful and original mask, we are creating and selling them! Our masks are made of beautiful fabrics from our collection of Japanese textile (silk, cotton, wool, synthetic, hemp), and inner layer is made of regular cotton or Japanese silk for optimal filtration.
Do not hesitate to buy our masks at your local shops. Our friends at COOP le Trois-Mâts are selling our masks! Visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/autroismats/. You can also find our masks on the Plateau Mont-Royal at Kyoto Fleurs and in Outremont at Boutique Citrouille.
INSTRUCTIONS TO ORDER MASKS
1. CREATE YOUR MASKS
Choose your model
- The up-to-date list of available fabric can be uploaded here : http://kimonoyuki.com/fr/liste-masques/
Choose your size
- Small (children)
- Medium (12 cm high – 22 cm wide)
- Large (13,5 cm high – 24 cm wide)
Choose your string (optional)
We use either small colourful strings or elastic cotton fabric. Strings can easily be removed and replace, depending on your preferences, and can be adjusted. If you don’t specify any string, we will use a matching string that will look good.
- Colourful rope
- Black elastic cotton
Choose your shipping option
- Pick-up at our studio in Verdun (free)
- By mail :
- Regular Canada Post service – Free (no tracking)*
- Accelerated parcel with tracking number : +5$ (on request)
- International mail without tracking (+8$)
*Attention: due to the Covid-19, Canada Post sometimes have delays and takes between 3 to 10 business days to deliver mail, sometimes more. We cannot be held accountable for late or lost masks, and cannot offer any reimbursement or exchange
2. PLACE YOUR ORDER :
- Send your request by email to Kimonoyukimtl@gmail.com
- Specify the number of masks, the model, the size, the string (optional), and delivery method.
Once we receive an order, we will reply to you within a day or two once we make sure we still have the fabric you desire and confirm total price. Since masks are custom-made, a delay of 1 to 3 days is required to complete most orders.
3. PAY YOUR ORDER
- We are making our masks as affordable as possible, whatever the fabric you choose, and sell them for 10$ (taxes included).
- Once we confirm your order, you can send us your payment. We accept Interac e-transfer (send your transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org), PayPal or credit card (over the phone). We mail masks only once we receive your payment.
- If you need a detailed invoice, please let us know.
Why kimonos in Montréal ?
For an event, by curiosity or just for fun, there are kimonos for every occasion. We believe Montréal is the right place to introduce japanese kimonos, a city were people make their fashion a personality statement and recognize that the journey of the fabric is just as important as how it look.
How to use kimono for daily life?
Kimono is a classic and noble outfit in the Japanese society, where it is still worn for special occasion, festival or fashion. Nevertheless, it is very versatile and can easily be adapted with western clothes to create a whole new style. Look at our instagram posts to see by yourself.
#kimonoMTL events are here!
Follow us on Facebook to find out the next kimono events in the city!